After Georg Heinrich Macheleid had received the privilege to establish a porcelain manufactory in his native village Sitzendorf, the factory was relocated to the hamlet Volkstedt near Rudolstadt in 1762. The manufactory was run by a consortium of several noble men, Georg Heinrich Macheleid and Prince Johann Friedrich of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt himself.
National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne. Presented in memory of Mrs L. May by her family, 1988
Gallery location: 17th & 18th Century Decorative Arts & Paintings Gallery, Level 2, NGV International.